Sunday, September 9, 2012

Set to Travel

I have had my eye on the suitcase file from Cre8tive Cutz for a while. Since we are doing a challenge on the MTC forum featuring Nancy at Cr8tive Cutz this week, I knew this was the project I wanted to do.

I resized the file to the box base came to the max that would fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. I cut mind out of paper though. I chose this size because this fit well to what I wanted to put in the box. I followed the assembly instructions but created a second base to fit inside the first so the box would also be finished on the inside. Nancy wanted the theme to fall or Halloween so I chose a leaf print paper. The best part was when I found some graphics from Lettering Delights that would serve as my travel stickers on my suit case.

Here are the two outsides.  The LD sets I used are Around the World Sites, Around the World, and The Big Apple.
The stickers were done as print and cut images. I think my favorite part is the little guy I found to go inside.

The size I made th box is perfect to sneak a little thoughtful gift for a friend. One of my favorite things after chocolate, of course- tea.

I hope you get a chance to male your own version of this suitcase. It could be made a bunch of different sizes to fit your needs. What's even better- the file is only 99 cents!

Happy crafting,
Ima Cutter


No comments:

Post a Comment