Monday, November 5, 2012

Centerpiece tree

With the holidays coming it is time to get in gear with figuring out some gifts and fun decor.

The first project I want to share with you for the holidays is a colorful Christmas tree. I bought a stack of colorful funky ornaments and wanted to make a tree in those cool colors to put the ornaments on.  I got these at Target last year. Michael's carries them too. I made four tree shapes all the same size and scored them down the middle.

I taped them together and then came along and glued the edges. I inked all the edges of the tree and added the mini bulbs.





Each side is a different color. I think it will add a little whimsy on a table somewhere.
If you notice the tip of each limb is notched to allow the bulb to hang straight. 

Let the holidays begin!

Ima Cutter
~Trish


No comments:

Post a Comment