Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Uncle Doug's Pizza

We have some friends who make the best pizza EVA! It is a Friday night tradition most weeks at their house. You'll even find that they have their own facebook fan page for Uncle Doug's Pizza. I have to admit I can be a little jealous when my kids get to go over for pizza night and I'm left out.=/
Since we are moving I wanted to make a special gift for these wonderful friends with whom we have shared so much over these past years. This is a gift for my friend. I figured it was time to have their own signature set of cups. So I made a set of four mugs. The mugs are made by Pfaltzgraff and have a great glaze on them. I masked off the pattern with some vinyl I cut in MTC with my Zing.
I made a design on the other side too.
I etched these with my air eraser and was really happy with how the finish looks on the glaze. What makes this project a little different is most people just etch clear glass. The frosted look also looks really great on dark colored glaze for contrast.



My friend is really into coffee, so I hope this set of four Uncle Doug's Pizzeria  coffee cups will be a reminder of how dear she is to my heart. <3 I just love the contrast of the etching on the dark glaze.

Thanks for stopping by to see my project~ happy crafting,
Trish (ImaCutter)



No comments:

Post a Comment